Wednesday, January 11, 2006
A Collection of Dr Seuss Quotes
- "You're in pretty good shape for the shape you are in."
- "A person's a person, no matter how small."
- "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."
- "Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened!"
- "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
- "I'm sorry to say so but sadly it's true, that bang-ups and hang-ups can happen to you."
- "Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!"
- "And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!"
- "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose... You are the guy who'll decide where to go."
- "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way."
- "Fun is good!"
Seusville.com for Kids or the Kid in You
Dr. Seuss Parody - The Rat in the Vat
Tony's Parody Recovery Skits
Links to Original Recovery Play Scripts
Darwin Awards Winners
"Six young men and women with no sailing experience were rescued from a stolen luxury yacht after drifting into a pier only 400 metres from its mooring. They had intended to sail around the world, and had packed all the essentials; 60 cans of baked beans, 1000 condoms, some liquor and cola and a library book on navigating by the stars. Lucky for them they were caught, as police report that "they had no fresh water and no food other than baked beans." The would-be sailors have been charged with unlawful use of a vessel. We can all be glad that at least with 1000 condoms, they weren't planning to breed!"
Darwin Awards for Drunks
Darwin Awards for Drugs
"Nothing matters more to AA's future welfare than the manner in which we use the colossus of modern communication. Used unselfishly and well, it can produce results surpassing our present imagination." - Bill W quote from The Grapevine, November 1960:
A Story of Addiction, Codependency, and Recovery,
Kay Kopit has made her entire DVD available to watch online:
I Suvived Documentary Online
Includes information, articles, writings, experiences, resources, research:
Erowid Addiction Vault
Twelve signs of awakening at the AllSpirit Website:
Twelve Signs of Awakening
True stories about the power of forgiveness:
Just Think Twice...
Beat the Dealer Flash Game
Try to avoid the drugs the dealer throws at you:
Click to Play the Beat The Dealer Flash Game
Email Reality Check
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Bridget Jones Film Quotes:
- "Have never been happier in entire life. However, must not obsess or fantasize!"
- "I like you, very much... Apart from the smoking, the drinking, the vulgar mother, and the verbal diarrhea."
- "Ah! New year's resolution: drink less, and quit smoking, and quit talking nonsense to total strangers."
The Edge of Reason Film Site
Resolution Tips at Psych Central
Top-Ten Lists of 2005
A.A. Roots Revival Sound Room
Digitally re-mastered and formatted to MP3. Pitches of original and early members of the program. A.A. audio spanning six decades of recovery:
Big Book Workshop with Audio
Take the 12 steps as done in the 1940s:
Sincerely Sober Blog
"I want to document my recovery from alcohol addiction. I welcome feedback from anyone, pro or con, humorous or serious, supportive or critical":
Just for Today Girl Blog
"Some days not feeling or being numb still sounds like a good idea. It's a short tape though and I know it's not an option. So just for today I am clean and sober":
2 addictions that probably wouldn't kill you:
Breaking news on God and other Higher Beings:
Get Your Quantum Fortune Cookie
Non diet weight loss site that integrates nutrition, fitness, and hunger healing:
The Slimming Pool Blog
Introduction to reducing psychological wounds:
Drugs, Drinking, and Addiction Art
Art about Drugs at this Artists' Community Website
deviantART.com---Drinking Art---Addiction Art